NZ DIPLOMA IN AVIATION
We educate and inspire pilots to become world class. Our professional staff and resources create an environment focused on excellence which empowers students to Go Beyond.
We produce commercial pilots that can apply their skills across the entire aviation sector. The holistic experience we provide trainees means more one on one time with our experienced pilots, smaller class numbers and access to world-class instructors and resources. Waikato Aviation offers a full-time two year training course. Successful completion of this course earns the New Zealand Diploma in Aviation.
The requirements for entry into the NZ Diploma in Aviation Instructor stream are:
- Be at least 18 years of age before the date of CPL flight examination or ATPL subject examinations;
- Students must hold a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate before acceptance on to the programme;
- Be a fit and proper person, meeting the requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand;
- Prospective students must complete the ADAPT Trainee Pilot Pre-Screening Test and;
- Achieve NCEA Level 2 including 14 credits or more in each of English, Maths, Science and a further supporting subject or complete
- PPL Theory subjects or equivalent.
- Students need to be competent in spoken English and meet the requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand.
Download the PDF below to find out more about the programme outline and 2017 Application process
The selection process consists of the following steps:
Please note applicants should meet the requirements of an Aviation Class 1 Medical,
a pre-requisite for enrolment, however time will be available after selection to the
programme and prior to programme start date to achieve this.
We are currently accepting applications and conducting interviews for 2017.
New Zealand Diploma in Aviation - Instructor stream
The NZ Diploma in Aviation (Level 6) provides flight training up to a Commercial Pilot Licence with an Instrument Rating and a NZQA Level 6 Diploma including the qualification required to become a C-Category Flight Instructor.