WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY OF THOSE CONNECTED BY THE THRILL OF FLIGHT
Founded in 1933 as the Waikato Club and providing air charter and flight training services ever since, Waikato Aviation holds a desirable "front row" position at Hamilton International Airport.
For over 80 years we have taken to the skies above the Waikato region and created memorable and exciting experiences for those with a passion for aviation. From aspiring pilots, to those with a desire to explore the region’s skies with friends, family and for business. With a heritage built on the pioneering spirit of our founders, we have continued to deliver the best in flying encounters across our flight academy, charter services and for our community of aviators.
Unique to the region, the people of Waikato Aviation have built a reputation for safety, reliability and service second to none. We are dedicated to making the world of aviation accessible to all.
- We have been successfully training pilots for 80 years.
- We're highly respected in the aviation industry.
- We also have an 85% post-training employment rate.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation.
- Run by members, for members. All proceeds are put back into the aero club to improve it and make it a more enjoyable - place for our members to fly.
- All levels of flight training are available.
- From the basic Private Pilots Licence all the way through to the highest professional pilot licences and ratings.
- Personalised training programmes.
- A programme will be customised to your requirements, taking into account your personal goals and available resources.
Hamilton International Airport is an excellent place to train.
It offers the full range of facilities with both grass and asphalt runways as well as full air traffic control and airport services.
Pilots training for or maintaining Instrument Ratings have VOR, DME and NDB navigation aids available. Centrally located, we are also close to many airfields and a wide range of airspace types.
We have frequent social gatherings and events. These are organised by our Social Committee with a minimum of one per month. A typical event may be a convoy of our aircraft and members travelling to an airshow, a weekend at our Great Barrier Lodge or simply a barbecue and some friendly flying competitions on a fine Sunday afternoon. All members, flying and non-flying, are invited to take part in our social activities. Our newsletter will keep you updated with what's happening.
We are affiliated with the Royal New Zealand Aero Club (RNZAC).
This means that, when flying away, you are entitled to reciprocal rights at the other 44 RNZAC member clubs around the country. We are also active in promoting participation in RNZAC flying competitions and pilot proficiency programmes.
Waikato Aviation acknowledges the support of the Hamilton Airport Company.